Swiftwater Rescue Technician 1 - (SRT1)
$450 per student - 3 Full Days (24 hrs)
This is our most popular course. The SRT1 course provides rescuers with the fundamentals of survival in moving water and is recommended for anyone who may be called upon to effect in-water rescues.
Students gain knowledge in hydrology and river classifications, size-up, site control and scene management.
Practical Skills Include:
- Swiftwater crossings and swimming
- Self-rescue and group rescue
- Fundamentals of shore, boat and in-water rescues
- Boat handling
- Fundamentals of rope rescue including mechanical advantage and anchor systems.
The SRT1 class also provides the rescuer the foundation to the NFPA Swiftwater Technician level. Swiftwater Technician level is a mandatory training level for inclusion on a Federal Emergency Management Agency Swiftwater/Flood Search and Rescue Teams at all levels.
This course follows the curriculum of Rescue 3.
- Type III PFD (Type V PFD recommended)
- Whistle, river knife, watch
- Throw bag – minimum 50ft. of rope
- Dry or wetsuit, appropriate river shoes and gloves
GEAR RENTAL IS AVAILABLE AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Deschutes River, Maupin, OR
- Deschutes River, Bend, OR
- McKenzie River, OR
- North Santiam, OR
CALL 1-800-620-0269 For availabilty and booking
Course was AWESOME! Inspired me to want to learn and practice more